More Recent Comments

Monday, February 05, 2007

Basic Concepts and the Seed Consortium

 
John Wilkins has been keeping a list of Basic Science concepts [here]. I'm on that list and so are 20 other bloggers at last count.

What disturbs me is a comment from Bora Zivkovic at Basic Terms and Concepts in Math and Science. He says,
I don't know how many of you check out the constantly growing list of links to posts that cover Basic Terms And Concepts in Science, but you should. Our Seed Overlords are cooperating and will soon set up a place where all those posts will be re-posted, commented upon, edited, etc. - a one-stop shopping for all basic stuff useful, for instance, in teaching at all levels from Kindergarden to Postdoc!
Bora, Seed is not my overlord. I don't think a private for-profit company has the right to re-post my articles and invite comment on their site. Please tell me this isn't what you meant.

5 comments :

Bora Zivkovic said...

I am not sure how exactly that will work out, but nobody wil post your stuff without at least asking you what you think about it. Without your explicit permission, nobody should steal your work.

Unknown said...

As one of the "Seed Overlords", let me just reassure you that you're right. Even if we do decide that we want to extend the Basic Concepts blog to include non-network posts, we certainly won't use anyone's writing without permission.

Larry Moran said...

Sarah says,

As one of the "Seed Overlords", let me just reassure you that you're right. Even if we do decide that we want to extend the Basic Concepts blog to include non-network posts, we certainly won't use anyone's writing without permission.

Hmmm ... one of the Seed Overlords, eh? Do I have to call you Lady Sarah or Your Majesty? :-)

In any case, thanks for clarifying. I assume by "network" you mean the blogs at Seed, right? Do you have to ask permission from them or do the overlords own those postings?

Bora Zivkovic said...

Yup, 'netowk' are Sb blogs and even we have to state we are opting in before our posts get aggregated elsewhere on the network for this purpose.

Anonymous said...

Resistance is futile.