More Recent Comments

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Buy a Dinosaur

 
Today's the day you can buy a dinosaur fossil. Maynards, in Vancouver, is auctioning off the complete collection of dinosaur fossils from the Seibu Museum in Tokyo, Japan [Auction Details: Dinosaurs].

The collection includes ...

* Eusthenopteron foordi
* Bothriolepis
* Aspidorhynchus
* Araripichthys castilhoi
* Crinoids
* Tyrannosaurus rex
* Ankylosaur
* Dinosaur eggs
* Stegosaurus
* Edmontosaurus annectens
* Triceratops
* Whiteia
* Platecarpus
* Araucarites mirabilis
* Alethopteris

* ...and More

Haven't you always wanted a Stegosaurus in your living room? I think I'll bid on the T. rex. It would look great in my office. Do you think my students might be intimidated?


7 comments :

Carlo said...

Don't tell anyone at Liberty University. They could build up a whole collection of fossils labeled as being '3000 years old'...

Anonymous said...

I think I'll bid on the T. rex. It would look great in my office. Do you think my students might be intimidated?

By the sight of two dinosaurs?

Guy said...

The Tyrannosaurus rex skull (lot 11) is a replica, with a pre-auction estimate of $1000-2000. If I had the cash, I'd go for lot 18, the Triceratops sp. skull. Triceratops was always my favorite dinsosaur, but with a pre-auction estimate of $150,000-200,000 it "ain't gonna happen".

Anonymous said...

More than Dinosaurs on the list too. The last 2 are plants.

Leslie Jane Moran said...

"By the sight of two dinosaurs?"

If there was ever a reward for the best comment, I think this would have to be it! LOL

Anonymous said...

Intended in fun.

Larry Moran said...

Bayesian Bouffant, FCD says,

Intended in fun.

Somehow I think that you found it funny in a different way than Ms. Sandwalk did! :-)