More Recent Comments

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Not Just Education

 
The Chautauqua Institution isn't just about education. It has outstanding programs in dance, art, theater, and music. Every night there's some kind of performance going on in the amphitheater. Here's the lineup for this week.

Monday: 4:00 Chautauqua Wind Quintet, 8:15 PHILADANCO: The Philadelphia Dance Company

Tuesday: 8:15 Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra. Stefan Sanderling, conductor; Julie Albers, cello

Wednesday: 8:15 '100th Anniversary of the Great Automobile Race of 1908'

Thursday: 8:15 An Evening with Jim Brickman

Friday: 8:15 Special Acoustic Evening with Vince Gill

I'm going to everything, even Vince Gill. After all, when else do you get a chance to experience these things? It's not just because Ms. Sandwalk makes me go.

I couldn't resist taking a photo of this lady painting a picture of the Hall of Philosophy. It's soooo Chautauqua. (She gave me permission to take her picture.)




5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Check out this post on Faux Agnosticism over at Proving the Negative. It doesn't actually have an image of John Wilkins, but one certainly popped into my head.

Timothy V Reeves said...

I hope the artistes don't mind you classifying their work as not educational.

A. Vargas said...

the title of this post is in horrible bad taste... I just want to say not all of us scientists are overspecialized barbarians

Anonymous said...

Chautauqua is amazing. if you think not, you're crazy. and dumb.

Anonymous said...

I luv Chautauqua. I go every year. It's my summer home and my mom's retirment home. ya gotta luv it. if ya don't, fall down a sewer, mabe it will fix you mixed up brain.