More Recent Comments

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Darwin's Garden

 
In order to walk on the sandwalk you have to pass through Darwin's garden behind Down House. Most visitors take advantage of the opportunity to pass through the greenhouses and the potting shed as well. Darwin was a passionate gardener and he did many experiments with plants. Some of his original varieties are still growing in the garden.

The New York Botanical Garden has mounted an exhibit of Darwin's experiments on plants [What Darwin Saw Out Back]. I'll have to see if Mrs. Sandwalk wants to take a trip to New York to see it with me.


[Hat Tip: Don Henry]

2 comments :

John Dennehy said...

Hey, if you come to NYC, maybe you can buy me that lunch you owe me :)

Timothy V Reeves said...

This one is on my 'To Visit' list.