More Recent Comments

Monday, July 16, 2007

Poufs of Art

 
Leslie (Mrs. Sandwalk) has a friend, Carmi, who lives in a small town north of Toronto.* She makes these wonderful things called poufs of art. Here's the description from her Etsy site [Carmi's Art].
Cushion is "pouf" in French.

These are tiny "poufs of art" that I create to celebrate my love of vintage imagery, fabric, beads, embellishments, sewing and quotes. Together, I use all these items to create one-of-a-kind keepsakes. They are handmade by me and no two will ever be alike.

I think these are perfect gifts to commemorate a special birthday, achievement or life event. No doubt, you will think of someone in particular when you read the quotes. They can be displayed on a picture stand, hung from a hook or light fixture or simply displayed in a box.

They are each approximately 2½ X 2 ½ inches wide. I will ship them in very pretty wrapping in a bubble wrap envelope.
Leslie has just ordered a bunch of them. Here's my favorite, I hope she bought it for me ...


Carmi also has a couple of blogs. Carmi's Art/Life World is about her life as an artist [see poufs to go] and My Napoleon Obsession is about Napoleon Bonaparte [Big Head's Crib].

* Kleinburg, for those of you who know the area.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Kleinberg, for those of you who know the area.

Or Kleinburg, for those who've actually looked at the signs. :-)

Larry Moran said...

Thank-you. I made the correction.

Carmi Cimicata said...

Larry,
Thank you so much for your kind review! Your site is great! Its great to have another blog to visit!
Carmi