More Recent Comments

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Questionable Mission

 
Questionable Mission is the title of an editorial in the Washington Post. Here's an excerpt.
"THERE ARE over 25,000 Department of Defense leaders working in the rings and corridors of the Pentagon. Through Bible study, discipleship, prayer breakfasts, and outreach events, Christian Embassy is mustering these men and women into an intentional relationship with Jesus Christ," a narrator explains toward the start of a promotional video for Christian Embassy, an offshoot of Campus Crusade for Christ that focuses on diplomats, government leaders and military officers. As a uniformed Air Force Maj. Gen. Jack J. Catton Jr. explains, "I found a wonderful opportunity as a director on the joint staff, as I meet the people that come into my directorate, and I tell them right up front who Jack Catton is . . . and my first priority is my faith in God, then my family and then country. I share my faith because it describes who I am."
This is really scary. It's one of the reasons why we need to speak out against religion before it's too late.

[Hat Tip: Richard Dawkins]

1 comment :

Larry Moran said...

Exactly. And they have weapons of very mass destruction. No cause for alarm there.