More Recent Comments

Monday, November 13, 2006

I'm Voting for Hurricane Hazel!

 

Today is voting day in Ontario. I live in Mississauga and I'm voting for Mayor Hazel McCallion. Hazel, who is 85 years young, has been mayor of Mississauga since 1978. I reckon she's good for another few years. She won her last election in 2003 with 92% of the vote and she hasn't bothered campaigning in this one. She doesn't need to. We all love Hurricane Hazel.

McCallion was nominated for the title of World Mayor in 2005 [Locally revered and internationally honoured] and finished as runner-up to Dora Bakoyannis, Mayor of Athens. If you wanna see what it's like to run against Hazel check out this newsclip from CityTV.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm reasearching her for a project!

Anonymous said...

She is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!