More Recent Comments

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

What's in Your Genome?: 90% of Your Genome Is Junk

If you are interested in learning more about junk DNA here's some links to relevant information.

Prologue
Chapter 1: Introducing Genomes
Chapter 2: The Evolution of Sloppy Genomes
Chapter 3: Repetitive DNA and Mobile Genetic Elements
Chapter 4: Why Don't Mutations Kill Us?
Chapter 5: The Big Picture
Chapter 6: How Many Genes? How Many Proteins?
Chaper 7: Gene Families and the Birth and Death of Genes
Chapter 8: NoncodingGenes and Junk RNA
Chapter 9: The ENCODE Publicity Campaign
Chapter 10: Turning Genes On and Off
Chapter 11: Zen and the Art of Coping with a Sloppy Genome

2 comments :

Matt G said...

I got my copy a few days ago, and hope to use it in my new teaching job this fall. I mentioned junk DNA in my sample lecture.

SPARC said...

I've donated the book to the library of our department and will mention it in my lecture on scinetific integrity. I hope it will have an impact of at least some students.
Keep up the good work.