More Recent Comments

Monday, February 16, 2009

Chuck Lorre on How to Become an Atheist

 
Chuck Lorre is a TV producer. One of his shows is Two and a half men, another is The Big Bang Theory. Chuck Lorre has a blog but it's a strange kind of blog—no comments allowed and the titles of each posting are just numbers. Many (all?) of them appear in the credits at the end of his shows.

Here's #240, posted on Feburary 2, 2009.
A wise man once told me that we are all God in drag. I like that. Sometimes when I'm in a public place or sitting at a stop light, I'll watch people walking by and I'll silently say to myself, "He's God. She's God. He's God. She's God." Before long I always find myself feeling a warm sense of affinity for these strangers. The experience is even more powerful when I do this while observing a person who is clearly suffering. On occasion I'll test my little spiritual practice by turning on Fox News. Within minutes I become an atheist.


[Photo Credit: Could Chuck Lorre Be the Smartest Person in Television?]

[Hat Tip: Carmi's Art Life World: Chuck Lorre Makes Me Laugh]

1 comment :

Robert Morane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.