More Recent Comments

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Bowls: Super and Otherwise

 
PZ Myers makes a silly comment ...
I have heard a rumor that tomorrow there will be some strange game called the "superbowl" going on … I don't know who is playing, I won't be watching, and I really don't care who wins, so I think I'll just root for the Toronto Maple Leafs, if that's all right.
Silly PZ. The Toronto Maple Leafs aren't playing today (Thank God). Bowls is an individual sport not one that's played by teams. Furthermore, it has to be played outside in warm weather. That's why the Bowls Championship game is in Mexico, or Arizona, or wherever it is.


1 comment :

Ned Ludd said...

I thought that curling, or is that making maple syrup, was the national sport of Canada. I rather like it as being rather zen. Of course advertizers should like it as they can interrupt it as much as the Stupor Bowl for their important messages.