More Recent Comments

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Jennifer Smith Is Going to Meet Stéphane Dion

 
You remember Jennifer Smith, don't you? She lives in Milton, Ontario. That's the place made famous by PZ Myers 'cause he stopped for a few days to get his car fixed.

Well, it turns out that Jennifer went to a town hall meeting with her MP, the newly Liberalized Garth Turner. During the meeting she so impressed her MP that he invited her to meet with our future Prime Minister next week [All Politics Are Local]. (That's Dion in the picture, with his dog Kyoto.)

Hey, Jennifer, ask him if he'll increase reseach funding when we elect him next Fall.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Deepak Chopra weighs in with his review of The God Delusion. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I have the feeling the election might end up being as soon as late spring/early summer.

I sure hope we don't end up putting Harper back in power, but the polls don't look so good right now. It annoys me that people are stupid enough to fall for those attack ads the Tories have been running.

RepoCreepo said...

Its funny that Garth is allowed to have Dion in his riding considering he claims he told Dion to work on his english.

Not a very nice thing to say is it?

Ah but this is Garth.

Jennifer Smith said...

I'll do what I can to get a word in, but I have the impression that we 'ordinary citizens' will be there largely as window dressing. The contact person at Turner's office warned me that they will have a lot of people there and I may not get a chance to speak to Mr. Dion. Uh huh.

Mind you, I'm a pushy broad and I have a pretty big mouth.

I've offered to write a piece on the event for the Champion, but at the very least you can read all about it at runesmith.blogspot.com, probably on Sunday or Monday.

Larry Moran said...

Jennifer, I'll be really disappointed if you don't get a word in!?

Have fun, I look forward to reading your comments. Are you going to vote for your new Liberal, Garth Turner?