More Recent Comments

Friday, November 14, 2008

Why do we blog and other important questions

 
OK, so I'm not a Nature Network blogger, but I thought I'd answer the questions anyway.
  1. What is your blog about?
    It's about science, religion, universities, politics, and almost everything else I'm interested in. Mostly science and science education.

  2. What will you never write about?
    Aha! A trick question! You almost got me!

  3. Have you ever considered leaving science?
    No.

  4. What would you do instead?
    I dunno, what do other people do? (Eva has a much funnier reply to this question)

  5. What do you think will science blogging be like in 5 years?
    Pretty much the same as it is now. Which is pretty much the same as it's been for the past five years. Which isn't a lot different than the newsgroups were for the previous 20 years before that.

  6. What is the most extraordinary thing that happened to you because of blogging?
    I've made dozens of new friends. (For me, that's extraordinary.)

  7. Did you write a blog post or comment you later regretted?
    Yes.

  8. When did you first learn about science blogging?
    I don't recall exactly. It was probably sometime around 2002 when I first learned that people were actually reading them.

  9. What do your colleagues at work say about your blogging?
    Most of them don't understand the blogging culture. They think it's bizarre. They think I'm bizarre—but they thought that even before I started Sandwalk


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Well, Larry, I for one am very glad indeed that you took up blogging.

I read your blog every day, and I've learned a lot (I think) about a science (biology) outside of my own domain of geophysics.

Also, I appreciate your standing up against godbothering wackdoodles waving their Wholly Babbles.