More Recent Comments

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Debbie Schlussel

 
UPDATE: PZ Myers tells us that CNN will rebroadcast the segment tonight at 8PM EST with a new panel, including Richard Dawkins (CNN must have felt the heat).

Do you remember Debbie Schlussel? She was the atheist-hating Jewish idiot who appeared on the Paul Zahn show last week (see Paula Zhan Should be Fired from CNN). Readers might recall that I was wondering whether Schlussel might have a slight bias against Muslims as well as atheists.

Well, it turns out Debbie Schlussel has been receiving emails about her remarks on CNN (Duh!). She has a blog where she has just confirmed our worst fears.

Here's part of what she says at "When Atheists a/k/a Future Muslims Attack."
I don't mind receiving the atheist hate mail, since I know that in a few years, many of these same people will either be Muslim extremists (redundant) or helping the country fall further in its fight against the creep of Islamic imposition on America . . . or both.

Look at famous atheists and what happened to them. Adam Gadahn a/k/a Azzam Al-Amriki--now a top Al-Qaeda video "personality"--was raised by his hippie Jewish father and equally bizarre gentile mother as an atheist. And look how he turned out. Ditto for hippie-spawn John Walker Lindh.

Those two people are enemies of America, and many of those who think like them are of equally weak mind. If you don't believe in anything, you'll easily fall for virtual nothings. That's why Europe is so quickly turning Islamist--because atheism dominates and Christianity is rapidly dying there. Over there, the number one cause for which atheists are suddenly finding "god" is Islam.
No, your eyes aren't deceiving you. She actually said that on her blog. Go check it out if you don't believe me. She's a genuine loony nutcase.

All the more reason why Paula Zhan should stop pretending to be a journalist.

On her blog Schussel attacks those critics who claim they just saw the Paula Zhan show.
It's hard to believe their letters because they were all attacking me for my appearance on CNN's "Paula Zahn Now," a week ago, but coincidentally each letter claims the sender just watched me on CNN. First of all, the video of that segment appears nowhere on the net. Believe me, if it did, I'd link to it.
I linked to the videos on the net and so have dozens of other bloggers who are astonished at the stupidity of CNN. It looks like Schlussel is incompetent at many different things in addition to thinking logically. Her list of failings includes searching the internet.

Read the posting on Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge [Debbie Schlussel: A case study in 15 minutes too many] for a calmer attack on Debbie Schussel. Schlussel is a journalist who's greatest achievement to date was winning the title of "Outstanding Teen Age Republican in the Nation" in 1987 (Wikipedia). Why is it that so many kooks seem to be Republicans?

[Hat Tip: Friendly Atheist]

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Readers might recall that I was wondering whether Schlussel might have a slight bias against Muslims as well as atheists.

Really, what's the difference? That woman has a serious case of Teh Stupid.

kemibe said...

It says in Schlussel's bio that she's in MENSA.

At least once every month or two I discover an additional member of this organization that drives a further stake in the idea that people must be smart to pass entry requirements. Not until seeing Schlussel chirp about this, however, did I believe that you actually cannot be anything but a fifth-degree dumbass.

You just have to laugh.

Anonymous said...

Schlussel is an Ann Coulter wannabe

Unknown said...

Here is the same discussion replacing African American for atheist and white for christian. Things pertaining directly to atheism were omitted. It is not a direct comparison but it makes a point on what ignorance and unfounded hate accomplish. Feel free to modify it to better fit the discussion. I imagine this conversation taking place during the civil rights movement.

Z: And welcome back. We’re talking about whether there’s widespread discrimination against african americans, folks who don’t have the same skin color as whites. Let’s check out with our out in the open panel now. S S, D S and K H. Hey D, it took me 10 times to say your name right. (INAUDIBLE) So do you think african americans should keep the color of their skin secret and not want equal rights?

H: I think this is such a ridiculous story. Are we not going to take away separate schools? Are we going to not have separate bathrooms? When does it end? We got rid of slavery. What more do they want?

Z: Are any of you going to defend them here tonight?

S: No, I agree with her 100 percent. I think that the real discrimination is african americans against whites. Listen, we are a white nation. I’m not white. I’m native american, but I recognize we’re a white country and freedom of equality doesn’t mean freedom from separation. And the problem is that, you have these african americans selectively I believe attacking whites. You had a case in California where asians where discriminated against or in the east Irish people being discriminated against. You don’t see african americans complaining about that. I really believe that they are the ones who are the intolerant ones against whites.

Z: What happened to love thy neighbor, the idea that we should be able to practice free speech?

S: That’s nonexistent. We all know that. We talk about that in America, but that’s pretty much nonexistent, especially in the red states, particularly in the south. That’s where the african americans are having the most trouble. When they talk about violent acts that have been enacted them or (INAUDIBLE) exacted against them or what have you. That’s the kind of area they’re talking about. I think in New York City, I don’t think people care too much about it. We’re a white country. There’s no question about that. I love white people. So does K, so does everybody that I know. But the reality is that you’re entitled to believe what you want as long as you’re not imposing your beliefs on other people.

Z: Is that what you think they’re really doing?

H: They don’t have a good - marketing. If they had hallmark cards, maybe they wouldn’t feel so left out. We have white people cards, white people on television. Maybe they need to get some african american cards and get that whole ball rolling so more people can get involved with what they’re doing. I think they need to shut up and let people do what they do. No, I think they need to shut up about it.
S: I don’t think they need to shut up. The reason why I don’t think they need to shut up is because there’s a whole bunch of people in this world that we can look at and say they need to shut up and they certainly don’t. You got everybody fighting for their own individual cause. This is their cause. We might not like it. I don’t agree with it at all, but they do have a right.

H: I think they need to shut up about crying wolf all the time and saying that they’re being imposed upon. I personally think that they should never have stopped segregation of schools. I would rather there be some morality in schools. But they did that because an african american went to court and said their child was discriminated against.

S: And what about this obnoxious Martin Luther King, who went all the way to the Supreme Court for his child, the child doesn’t know what’s going on. They are on the attack. It’s obnoxious and they do need to shut up.

S: They are going on the attack, but the reality, again, is everybody has their own cause. The fact is there’s a whole bunch of people in America who need to shut up and they don’t. So why should these people be any less. We live in a nation. We’re supposed to be tolerant. We’re supposed to be accepting of other people’s viewpoints, even when they are not our own and the fact is, if they’re an african american, that’s their right. They’re not going to change me being white.

Z: What I find so interesting is when you look at the statistics, that they were the most hated of all the minorities.

S: I’m not even willing to believe that. That’s news to me. I heard that, I read that, I just don’t believe it.

Z: Can you explain to me where you feel the assault? When a high percentage of the folks in this country are white, the rest of this population is not white, who are they hurting?

H: They’re not hurting anyone. I personally don’t have a problem with african americans. Believe or don’t believe what you want. Don’t impose upon my right to want to have seperate schools, to want to have separate drinking fountains, to want to honor my traditions. Don’t infringe upon that right.

S: This is a white country.

S: I understand that, but what they’re saying is how can — if we’re inclusionary, why can’t we include all that and we’re not. That’s my point.

S: (INAUDIBLE) Look where there are more african americans and where they are not white. Europe is becoming Communist. It’s fast falling and intolerance is increasing. That’s the one reason our country has not become like Europe because we have strong whites and because african americans are not strong. And I think that’s a good thing.

Anonymous said...

That woman is a self-contradicting idiot.