More Recent Comments

Friday, September 20, 2024

Should Scientific American endorse United States political candidates?

Scientific American has endorsed Kamala Harris, a candidate for president of the United States. I think this is a mistake and so do many other scientists and even journalists [Scientific American Didn’t Need to Endorse Anybody].

I agree with those who say that science should stay out of politics as much as possible. But this is just one of many indications that Scientific American is sliding rapidly downhill and no longer qualifies as a real science magazine.


2 comments :

Athel Cornish-Bowden said...

I agree. It's been a long time since I looked at Scientific American, but it was obvious 20 years ago that it had already fallen a long way from the magazine I admired in the 1960s.

Anonymous said...

Is that true? Jesus Christ. Fuck Scientific American.