Ryan Gregory has just published an essay in Evolution: Education and Outreach on Evolution as Fact, Theory, and Path [see Genomicron].
Ryan has made of list of similar essays on the web. I reproduce that list here except I'm linking to the latest version of my essay (2007) rather than the 1993 version that's on the TalkOrigins.org website.
- Evolution as fact, theory, and path (T. Ryan Gregory)
- Evolution: fact and theory (Richard E. Lenski)
- The fact of evolution: implications for science education (James R. Hofman and Bruce H. Weber)
- Evolution is a fact and a theory (Larry Moran)
- Evolution as fact and theory (Stephen Jay Gould)