Follow them on Facebook at IronOak Games or on Twitter at IronOakGames.
For The King is a turn based RPG that can be played solo or cooperatively online. Featuring long term strategic adventuring, turn based combat, and persistent choices, For The King aims to distill the epicness of traditional RPGs into an adventure that can be completed from beginning to end in a single session. Players must survive cunning enemies and creatures, wicked weather and brutal traps in their quest to solve the mysterious death of the king and bring order to the land.
- Online Multi-Player Adventure: Embark on your own or with up to 3 people online. Travel and fight together or dare to set off on your own.
- Short, Epic, Replayable: All the grandness of an epic adventure distilled into a 2 hour highly replayable game from start to finish.
- Turn Based Combat: Turn based combat with unique slot and combo system, battle stances, focus points, items, and special abilities.
- Strategic Procedural World: The map, realms, and locations you'll encounter will be different every play through. Every time it's a unique adventure.
- Persistent Lore: Collect and research in lore to build a unique game world by unlocking special persistent game mechanics in the order of your choosing.
- Day/Night Cycle: New challenges and horrors emerge at different times of day.
- Persistent Weapon Crafting: Craft powerful weapons over multiple play throughs.
- Dynamic Weather and Nature: Encounter weather and natural events that have a variety of effects, good and bad.
This is a game for those of us who loved Hack and Rogue and don't like the modern games.
If you like the idea, get ready for the Kickstarter campaign that begins tomorrow. As soon as it starts, I'll post the link and the list of rewards. I'll also tell you what characters Ms. Sandwalk and I are buying. You will get to see them when you play the game.
If you give enough money you may be able to name an evil character. Wouldn't it be fun to battle "Casey Luskin" or Jonathan Wells"?