Tom Chivers has posted a list of his top five books on evolutionary biology [Best evolutionary biology books, from Stephen Jay Gould to Richard Dawkins]. Here they are ...
- Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History (1989)
Stephen Jay Gould
- The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Life (2004)
- Genome: The Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters (1999)
- Darwin's Dangerous Idea: Evolution and the Meanings of Life (1995)
- The Blind Watchmaker (1986) Richard Dawkins
Here's my list of the top five trade books ...
- Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History (1989) Stephen Jay Gould
- The Blind Watchmaker (1991 edition) Richard Dawkins
- Why Evolution Is True (2009) Jerry Coyne
- Reinventing Darwin: The Great Debate at the High Table of Evolutionary Theory (1995) Niles Eldredge
- Extinction: Bad Genes or Bad Luck? (1991) David M. Raup