The Evolution News website is run by the Discovery Institute in Seattle, Washington USA. In spite of the title, their goal is not to inform you about evolution. Instead, their goal is to promote anti-evolution thinking and Intelligent Design Creationism.
I'm in the middle of teaching a course about evolution and creationism so the latest posting on their website caught my eye. I urge my students to read the latest posting: Introducing The College Student’s Back to School Guide to Intelligent Design. They have lots of helpful hints about how to deal with evil Professors who oppose intelligent design. Not only that, they have a book for sale called "The College Student’s Back to School Guide to Intelligent Design." It's sort of like "Evolution for Dummies."
The main part of the book is about dealing with your Professor's "misinformed" opinions about Intelligent Design Creationism. Here's a list of nine such opinions. I better read up on how students are going to refute these arguments—at least the ones that aren't farcical or obvious strawmen.
- Intelligent Design Is Not Science
- Intelligent Design Rejects All of Evolutionary Biology
- Intelligent Design Has Been Banned From Public Schools by the Federal Courts
- Intelligent Design Is Just Politics
- Intelligent Design Is a Science Stopper
- Intelligent Design Is “Creationism” and Based on Religion
- Intelligent Design Is Religiously Motivated
- Intelligent Design Proponents Don’t Conduct or Publish Scientific
- Intelligent Design Has Been Refuted by the Overwhelming Evidence for Neo-Darwinian Evolution