More Recent Comments

Monday, January 12, 2009

Trouble with Blogger Is Over

 
Blogger has finally fixed the problems with RSS feeds. As I mentioned earlier [Trouble with Blogger] this is a problem that the blogger team seem to have created back on December 19th. It was fixed on January 9th—21 days later.

The most obvious change is in the recent comments in the left sidebar. You can now actually see recent comments instead of comments from June 2007.

I suppose we shouldn't complain, after all Blogger is free and it's pretty good most of the time.

I'm sorry if I missed any of your comments during the outage. I was able to keep up with all comments on recent postings but if you commented on an old posting chances are I missed it.


7 comments :

Anonymous said...

"Trouble with Blogger Is Over"
Yes. The problem is over.Though "blogger" is free we bloggers are contributing to its very survival by creating it blogs and hence their add revenue.
My web site
http://www.thedynamicnature.com

Eamon Knight said...

Have they fixed the bug that causes backlink spam from blogs that track other people's most recent posts?

Chris Nedin said...

no

Anonymous said...

That's why I use Wordpress. Hosting's fairly cheap these days.

Larry Moran said...

Anonymous says,

That's why I use Wordpress. Hosting's fairly cheap these days.

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Are you saying that Wordpress is perfect? You've never had a problem with it?

Is it cheaper than free?

Christopher Taylor said...

Hey Larry, how do you actually get Blogger to display recent comments? I wouldn't mind having that feature on my own site, and I've never been able to find such a tool on the menu.

Larry Moran said...

Chris, search for the "recent comment" widgets on various sites.

The one I like is from Beautiful Beta: Recent Comments Hack. Getting these things to work can be a bit of a pain.