There are six societies at this meeting: American Association of Anatomists; The American Physiological Society, American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,American Society for Investigative Pathology; American Society for Nutrition; and American Society fpr Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. The slogan for the conference is "Today's Research: Tomorrow's Health."
So, you might be wondering what this group would eat for lunch? I was, especially since I was practically starving by the time noon hour rolled around.
There's an excellent food court in the lower level of the Washington Convention Center. I love food courts. This one had seven stations.
- Center Plate (sandwiches,salads, yogurt)
- Cluck Universal Chicken (fried chicken)
- Foggy Bottom (burgers, fries, hot dogs)
- Hannam's Caribbean Cuisine (spicy Caribbean dishes)
- Philadelphia (cheese steaks)
- Tam's Asian Cuisine (chinese food)
- Wolfgang Puck (pizza, salads)
Tam's Asian cuisine. There was nobody at the Center Plate—the station with the "healthiest" choices. Everyone was buying General Tso's Chicken .... mmmmmmm, good. Lots of calories. Lots of fat.
I don't know what they'll be buying tomorrow. Stay tuned.